PRF 4730 Non-renewal/Termination of Contract: Probationary Teacher
Pursuant to section 168.126.2, RSMo. (Supp. 1992), the Board of Education may choose to non-renew a probationary teacher's contract for the coming school year or may choose to terminate a probationary teacher's employment during the term of a contract in accordance with procedures outlined in Regulation 4730.
The Board of Education may terminate a probationary teacher's contract during the term of a contract for statutory causes as follows:
- Physical or mental condition that renders the teacher unfit to instruct or associate with children.
- Immoral conduct.
- Willful or persistent violation of, or failure to obey, the school laws of the state or the published regulations of the School District.
- Excessive or unreasonable absence from the performance of duties.
- Conviction of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Incompetence, inefficiency, or insubordination.
Prior to mid-contract termination of a probationary teacher for causes 1-6, the teacher will be provided with written charges and will be provided with an opportunity for a due process hearing before the Board of Education as set forth in Regulation 4730. Prior to the mid-year termination for cause #6, the teacher will also be provided with a notice of deficiencies and probationary period as set forth in Regulation 4730.
Last modified: January 01, 2003