P 6130 Drug Education
The Board of Education understands that parents/guardians, educators, students and other community members are seriously concerned about the adverse effects of drug abuse on the individual and society. Furthermore, the Board believes that effective drug education programs require both the acquisition of knowledge and the development of positive personal values. Both the school and other community agencies must share in the development and conduct of programs to alleviate the problems of drug abuse.
Therefore, the School District will abide by the following:
- Be concerned with the education of all areas of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Establish and maintain a realistic, meaningful drug and alcohol education program that will be incorporated in the total educational program.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing in-service drug and alcohol education program for school personnel.
- Cooperate with government and private agencies offering services related to drug and alcohol problems.
- Encourage and support activities that will develop a positive peer influence in the area of drugs and alcohol.
- Create a climate whereby students may seek and receive counseling about drugs and alcohol and related problems without fear of reprisal.
- Follow federal mandates concerning drug and alcohol education.
Last modified: September 28, 2006