P 5211 Eye Protection
All students, teachers and visitors are required to wear industrial quality eye protective devices when participating in or observing the following activities in any class:
- Exposure to molten materials.
- Milling, sawing, turning, shaping, cutting, grinding or stamping of any solid materials.
- Heat treatment, tempering or kiln firing of any materials.
- Gas, electric arc or other forms of welding.
- Repair or servicing of any vehicle.
- Exposure to/or laboratory use of caustic or explosive materials, hot liquids or solids, injurious radiation, or other similar hazards.
Eye protective devices designed to provide protection for the hazards involved and to meet standards specified by state law will be provided by the School District. These devices may be issued to the students or provided at work stations for individual activities. If the devices are issued to the students, principals are authorized to charge students for loss, damage or failure to return any device issued.
Last modified: January 01, 2003