P 2550 Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment Scholarships
The District may provide “dual credit and dual enrollment" courses in conjunction with an accredited Missouri higher education institution. Such courses would be taught in a district high school by instructors possessing appropriate academic credentials. Eligible students participating in the program would be eligible to earn high school and college credit simultaneously.
Subject to state appropriation of funds, dual credit and dual enrollment students may be eligible for a dual credit scholarship. Dual credit and dual enrollment students would be eligible to receive the tuition cost paid by the student to enroll in a course offered by an approved dual credit provider.
In order to be eligible to receive a dual credit and dual enrollment scholarship a student must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident;
- Be a Missouri resident;
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.5 on a four point scale.
- Meet one or more of the following indicators of economic need:
- Be eligible to be enrolled in a federal free or reduced lunch program; or
- Reside in a foster home; be a ward of the State; or be homeless; or
- Receive low-income public assistance or live in federally subsidized public housing.
Last modified: August 2022